Remember when you were in kindergarden, and if you made a pinky swear it meant the world to you? Just one simple sentence, "I pinky swear" meant that you would never repeat that. Back in kindergarden when a secret was a secret; back when everything was the way it should be. Then we all grew up.
Now if somebody tells you a secret, it's a matter of should you stay a good friend or should you get more popular. The juicer the gossip the cooler you are, of course! So say your friend likes Billy Jo (I made this name up, no offense to any Billy Jo's out there) and you pinky swear never to tell a soul. Then it turns out, Billy Jo and you accidentally end up next to each other in lunch. Truthfully, by the end of lunch, would you have told him? Probably.
What happened back when you could actually trust your friends with your friends with your secrets and stories? Why doesn't the pinky swear mean anything anymore?
I would love to tell you the answers to these questions, but honestly, I do not know.
No comments:
Post a Comment