Monday, November 7, 2011

Jealousy

     The emotion jealousy is amazing to me, and not in the good way. I understand that somebody may have something you want, but I don't understand why you're jealous sometimes. I know that when I was in fifth grade, I was jealous of many of the popular girls. Just yesterday, one of them told me they were jealous of me. How could she be jealous of somebody less popular?
     That's when it hit me. Jealously spreads farther than boys, looks and items. It goes to friendships, personalities, and privileges. Why should we be jealous of those? If you want something, work to get it.
     Now I'm not telling you not to be jealous, because it's going to happen. I've been jealous of someone one time or another for reasons I don't understand anymore. What I'm trying to say is that when you do get jealous, think about it. 
     Why are you jealous? What can you do to get what they have? 
     Don't steal it away, of course, but if it's something about them, try and be more like them. I've been interested in jealousy for a long time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment